Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sly Park Day 1

Staying away from home for the first time can be traumatic. Especially when you are surrounded by parent chaperones and students that you do not recognize. It is remarkably good for students to accomplish this feet before they become teenagers next year. In the first 6-8 hours of arriving at the park, I had counseled 3-5 students about the importance of staying away from home, looking forward to the opportunities the camp has to offer and understanding the power of the mind to create illness as a response to an uncomfortable situation. It makes me want to consider getting my MSW rather than a masters in ed. That would probably require more psych classes and so much more school, but I might really consider having that on my belt. Anyway, greetings from Sly Park. It's a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment